Assessment at St Peter's
- Observation (listening to / watching pupils undertaking independent activities)
- Direct Questioning
- Marking / Feedback from daily tasks completed in lessons
- Small group work
- One to One work with pupils
- Pre and post learning tasks
- Formal Assessments at the end of each unit of work
- Pupil self-assessment and peer-assessment
Following the removal of National Curriculum Levels in 2015, children’s attainment in now recorded at the end of KS1 and KS2 in relation to age-related expectations.
At St Peter's, teachers assess pupils against the National Curriculum objectives for their year group using the terms ‘Below, Beginning, Within and Secure’:
Below – Your child is not yet working within age-related expectations.
Beginning – Your child is working at the beginning stages of the expectations for their year group.
Within – Your child is working at the expected level for their year group.
Secure – Your child has achieved all the objectives for their year group and is able to independently demonstrate a deep understanding; applying their knowledge in a variety of contexts.