School Uniform Policy
Code of Conduct
The school Code of Conduct states, ‘Look Smart’, which is a paraphrase from the statement,
We will wear our uniform showing pride in ourselves and in our school.
It is our policy that all children should wear clothing that is in keeping with a purposeful learning ethos. We also believe it is important that certain activities are facilitated by specialised and appropriate clothing when attending school, or when participating in a school-organised event outside normal school hours. We provide a complete list of the items needed for children’s school uniform in this policy and on the school website.
Our policy for children’s school uniform is based on the belief that a school uniform:
- promotes a sense of pride in the school
- engenders a feeling of community and belonging
- is practical and smart
- identifies the children with the school
- makes children feel equal to their peers in terms of appearance
- is regarded as suitable, and good value for money, by most parents
- has been designed with health and safety in mind.
Our school colours are royal blue, grey and white and the uniform is as follows:
Autumn & Spring term
- Royal blue pullover, cardigan or school sweatshirt with school logo
- White shirt/blouse and school tie (yellow and blue)
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- Grey socks/white knee-length socks or grey tights
- Black shoes
- Pale blue polo shirt (with school logo optional)
- Grey shorts/skirt (Y6 children can wear shorts or trousers)/ Blue check gingham dress
- Grey socks/white socks
- Black shoes
For PE all children need
- Royal blue sweatshirt with school badge & royal blue jogging bottoms
- white polo shirt (with school badge optional)
- Named PE bag (with school badge optional)
- Royal blue PE shorts (as alternative to jogging bottoms in the summer term and start of the autumn term)
- Black gym shoes/ pumps
- White socks
- A pair of trainers
All children will wear their PE/Games kit (school ‘tracksuit’ and polo shirt) to school on their designated PE/Games day.
- Plain navy blue coat or school royal blue fleece and/or reversible fleece jacket with school logo
- School royal blue book bag/satchel with school logo
- School royal blue cap with school logo
- School royal blue knitted hat with school logo
On health and safety grounds we do not allow children to wear jewellery in our school.
All clothing and footwear must be clearly labelled with your child’s name.