We are delighted to announce that, starting in September 2022, we shall be participating in Global Neighbours – an exciting school accreditation scheme run by Christian Aid.
We want to encourage a deeper understanding of global injustice and the Christian response to it in our primary school. The accreditation scheme will be verified by the Church of England Education Office and will consist of three levels- bronze, silver and gold.
To achieve accreditation, schools will demonstrate how they are fulfilling criteria relating to:
- spirituality and worship
- pupil participation in active global citizenship
- community engagement
- school leadership
You can view our Courageous Advocacy Action Plan below:
Courageous Advocacy Action Plan
Embedded in our school’s ethos and values, we actively support our children in working towards a more fair, just, and happy world. This approach is also supported by Christian Aid who advocate the ethos of ‘in the light of the faith we hold’, that ‘schools provide a much-needed safe space in which children can begin to make sense of the world they are encountering’ and that social global citizenship and courageous advocacy:
- broadens the horizons of the minds
- provides real-life contexts for learning and opportunities for pupils to explore topical issues
- cultivates the essential skills and values (from empathy to self-awareness and respect for all people) that prepare pupils for living well with their fellow human beings
- contributes to improved outcomes across the curriculum and in pupils’ personal development, through enhanced skills in critical and creative thinking, reasoning and communication.
Find out more about Global Neighbours below:
By working in this way, we are proud to say that our children will continue to grow together and continue to be “leaders for change” supported and grounded by our values of Pride, Effort, Teamwork, Empathy, Respect and Spirituality.