Firm Foundations, Shining Bright - Our School Development Plan
Our motto is ‘Firm Foundations, Shining Bright’. Through our stimulating curriculum, our aim is to provide opportunities for all children to foster a love of learning and be successful and reflective learners.
We strive to continually improve outcomes and experiences for our children, as well embedding a strong Christian ethos. As part of this process, we continuously plan, action and review school improvement. Our School Development Plan focus for the academic year 2021/2022 is centred around the following areas.
- To ensure National Curriculum coverage for all foundation subjects
- To develop clear progression of skills from Y1-6 for all foundation subjects, linked to our school vision
- To provide a curriculum in EYFS that inspires pupils to learn; helping pupils to acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills they need to prepare them for the next steps in their lives. Ensuring our curriculum enhances the experiences and opportunities available to the children.
- To increase the percentage of children attaining ARE in Maths
- To increase the percentage of Year 1 children attaining the Phonics Screening Check.
- To ensure the school is fully prepared for the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools
We strive to provide a broad and balanced curriculum for our children that has clear progression of knowledge, skills and abilities throughout each key stage and their whole journey through school. This is inclusive of local, national and international issues which enable children to develop the courage to be respectful individuals that make reasoned, positive, unbiased and informed choices. We aim to provide our children with firm foundations for life, building upon the rock of Jesus.